During the process of personal identification, the bank verifies the identity of an individual. The identification can be carried out on-site, electronically, or remotely. After successful identification, the bank can open an account or offer other services to the client, as well as execute client orders.• On-site identification takes place when the client meets with the bank representative in person, and presents his/her personal identification document (passport or ID card).
• Electronic identification is carried out in accordance with the “Law on Electronic Identification of Natural Persons” by using the electronic identification means provided for by VAS “Latvijas Valsts radio un televīzijas centrs” (LVRTC): eID card, eParaksts card, eParaksts+ card, and eParaksts (mobile) (www.eparaksts.lv). Electronic identification is as one of the types of remote identification.
• Remote identification is carried out by using certain technological solutions: video identification or secure electronic signature, or other technological means, and is used instead of the client’s personal meeting with the bank representative. For remote identification of its clients, BluOr Bank uses the “Video identification”, “Electronic signature” or “1st payment” methods. For more information about these types of identification and how to use them, please read here.
At present, remote identification is available to the following clients:
New clients – natural persons:
• natural persons who are residents of Latvia, EU, EEA, Switzerland or the UK, including persons who have a temporary (at least 6 months) or permanent residence permit issued in Latvia, EU, EEA countries, Switzerland or the UK.
New clients – legal entities:
• Enterprises registered in Latvia, Switzerland, the UK, EU or EEA, if their authorised persons are residents of Latvia, EU, EEA or OECD.
New clients – natural persons who want to use BluOr Bank Deposit services only:
• natural persons who are residents of Latvia, EU, EEA, Switzerland or the UK.
New affiliates of existing clients of BluOr Bank:
• a natural person who is a new authorised representative/corporate card user of an existing legal entity client and is a resident of Latvia, EU, EEA or OECD. The enterprise must be registered in Latvia, Switzerland, the UK, EU or EEA.
• a natural person who holds an additional card of an existing natural person client and is a resident of Latvia, EU, EEA or OECD.
What services are available to remotely identified clients?
To clients – legal entities whose country of registration is Latvia, the UK, Switzerland or one of the EU or EEA countries, and whose authorised person(s) and beneficial owner(s) is/are resident(s) of Latvia, the UK, Switzerland, EEA or OECD, and whose authorised person(s) is/are remotely identified using the “video identification” or “e-signature” method, all banking services are available without restrictions.
According to the results of the client due diligence, the bank may set a limit on the turnover of payments (EUR 300,000 per month). In such cases, in order for the client to work without restrictions on turnover, the bank may require the client to make a payment from an account opened in the company’s name from another credit institution in the EU, EEA, Switzerland or the UK, or additionally provide another method of identification (for example, if the authorised person was identified using the “video identification” method, then he/she will need to additionally provide the “e-signature” method, and vice versa).
To a client – natural person who is a resident of Latvia, EU, EEA countries, Switzerland or the UK and whose identification has been carried out remotely by using the “e-signature” or “video identification + 1st payment” method, all banking services are available without restrictions.
To a client – natural person who is a resident of Latvia, EU, EEA countries, Switzerland or the UK and whose identification has been carried out remotely by using the “video identification” method, the following banking services are available:
• Current Account / outgoing payments with a turnover up to EUR 100,000 per month;
• All other banking services within the specified limit.
If a client wants to use all banking services without restrictions, it will be necessary to make a payment according to the criteria specified below or to ensure the “e-signature” method.
According to the results of the client due diligence, the bank may set a limit on the turnover of payments (EUR 100,000 per month). In such cases, in order for the client to work without restrictions on turnover, the bank may require the client to make a payment from an account opened in the client's name from another credit institution registered in Latvia or a payment institution licensed in the EEA, EU, UK or Switzerland. If the payment is made from the client's payment institution account, the purpose of the payment must include the name, surname, personal identity number or date of birth of the client and the unique client identification number assigned by the payment institution.
To a client – natural person who is a resident of Latvia, Switzerland, UK, EU or EEA and who wants to use BluOr Bank Deposit services only and whose identification has been carried out remotely by using the “video identification” or “1st payment”, or “e-signature” method, the following banking services are available:
• Deposit placement without restrictions;
• Connecting to the Internet Bank with the Blue KEY mobile app.
Types of remote identification methods used by BluOr Bank
This type of remote identification is used in cases where the client wishes to use BluOr Bank Deposit services only and means that the client makes a single payment to the new account at BluOr Bank from his/her account opened with another Latvian credit institution, EU or UK licensed payment institution. If the payment is made from the client’s payment institution, the purpose of payment must include the client’s name, surname, personal identity number or date of birth and the unique client identification number assigned by the payment institution.
This type of remote or electronic identification means that the client signs the Application for everyday servicing, which is also possible in the Client Cabinet, or an electronic copy of his/her identity document (passport or ID; on both sides) (in .jpg, .png, .pdf format) with a secure electronic signature, and submits the signed document to the bank (by e-mail, through which correspondence with the bank is carried out, or by filling out the interactive questionnaire on the bank’s website, or in the Client Cabinet).
According to the Section 1(2) of the Electronic Documents Law: Secure electronic signature — a qualified electronic signature within the meaning of Article 3(12) of Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC (hereinafter — Regulation No 910/2014/EU);
The bank verifies the validity of documents signed with the secure electronic signature, issued within the EU (the List of Trusted Service Providers of the European Union), by checking on the official website of the European Union, but, if a person has signed the document by using the European Union standard format ASIC-E (common EU standard), the signature is verified through the use of the eparaksts.lv portal and the eParakstītājs 3.0. software.
BluOr Bank accepts documents signed with a secure electronic signature, issued within the EU, in the ASICE format and verifies such documents through the use of the eParakstītājs 3.0 software or www.eparaksts.lv to make sure that the electronic signatures are valid and that the document bears a time stamp compliant with the European Union standards.
In exceptional cases BluOr Bank may accept also documents in PDF format, signed with an electronic signature issued in Estonia or Lithuania; such documents are verified through the use of the eParakstītājs 3.0 software or the www.eparaksts.lv portal to make sure that the electronic signatures are valid. If, as a result of the verification, signatures are recognized as invalid, the bank advises to sign them in the ASIC-E format.
The Bank asks you to sign the PDF files using the eDOC format (you can select this option when signing the document at the eParaksts.lv portal and in the eParakstītājs 3.0. app.)
This type of remote identification means that the client’s identification is carried out during a video session.
What does the client need to start a video session?
The client is required to do the following:
• Download the necessary add-in/plug-in (Zoom) on the phone or tablet.
• At the appropriate time, connect to the Zoom application in the e-mail program, through the link sent to the client beforehand, enter the password, name, surname, and allow the device to use video and audio. Then the video session may start.
What is required for the video session to run smoothly?
For a video session to be successful, the following requirements must be followed:
• Prepare a personal identification document – passport or ID card;
• Prepare a hand-signed application and a questionnaire for opening an account, if they were sent to the bank by e-mail in a scanned form;
• Use a phone, tablet or PC with a camera (webcam) and microphone enabled;
• Select a quiet, well-lit place;
• Make sure that a stable, sufficient internet connection is available;
• Make sure that the battery level of the device is sufficient for a continuous operation of at least 15 minutes;
• Select the language of the video session – Latvian, English, or Russian.
How long on average does one video session last?
The duration of the video session is approximately 15 minutes.
What happens during the video session?
During the video session, the bank representative will ask you to:
• Present your identity document – passport or ID card;
• Restate some of the answers to the questions of the questionnaire, such as your name, surname, address, date of birth and other questions, if necessary;
• Give oral consent to the processing of the data and certify that you have read the bank’s terms and conditions;
• Put your signature on a sheet of paper and show it to the bank representative.
Please note that the video session will be recorded and screenshots of the client and client’s identity documents will be taken.
What happens after the video session?
The record of the video session is verified within one working day. Following the decision on the account opening, you will receive a respective notification to the email address specified by you at the time of registration on our home page or in the Client Cabinet.
If you have opted to open a current account at BluOr Bank, we will start preparing your payment card; typically, it takes two working days. When you receive the notification on the account opening, you may credit your account and start using it.
• The client is required to use a personal computer, tablet or smartphone with a digital video camera capable of high-resolution not less than 1080p and 10 MP);
• The lighting during the video session must be sufficient for facial recognition; the bank representative may require additional lighting to be switched on;
• During the video session the voice must be clear, without any background noise;
• The client's face and any recognizable objects must be placed in the centre;
• The client must use a colour-video camera;
• To provide for online video, the speed of the internet connection must be at least 8 Мbit/s;
• The Zoom software must be installed;
• A web browser must be installed.
Video identification + e-signature
What if a remotely identified client wants to use other banking services?
If the client – a natural person has initially opted only for the Deposit service and now wants to use other banking services, he/she needs to fill-in the Application for Everyday Servicing of an Individual Client and the Questionnaire for a Domestic Individual, and submit them to the bank in one of the following ways:
• In the Client Cabinet – electronically;
• In our Client Service Centre in Riga, 2 Jekaba Street – in person;
• Through the Internet Bank – hand-signed and scanned forms or forms signed with a secure electronic signature;
• By post to Smilšu iela 6, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvija – hand-signed original forms;
• By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org – forms signed with a secure electronic signature.
Can the client fill out the application for opening an account in the Client Cabinet and only then visit the bank in person?